Aaron Dunn, Managing Director, The SMSF AcademyMelbourne
The SMSF Academy is pleased to introduce the October 2011 SMSF workshops that will focus on pensions and estate planning for members of a SMSF.
What we will be covering within the SMSF workshop:
- How to construct a highly effective SMSF income stream;
- How conditional pensions work for members with blended families;
- Implementing strategies to reduce the tax impost upon the death of a SMSF member; and
- How you as an advisor can generate revenues with estate planning
Who should attend these sessions?
- Accountants, Financial Planners, Auditors & Lawyers who wish to better understand strategies impacting pensions and estate planning for members in a SMSF
What benefits you will get from attending this session:
- Understand the key issues and strategies using practical case studies;
- Access important tools to implement strategies for your clients; and
- Enable you to generate income for your business
Attendees at this half-day SMSF workshop will be allocated into smaller working groups to address the practical issues of the pension and estate planning case studies. These sessions will be run concurrently with attendees switching topics after the morning tea break. A short session with all attendees will conclude the event, bringing together the importance of the two topics.
- Half-day session – 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Pricing- Members: $220 (inc. GST) / Non-Members - $330 (inc. GST)
- CPD points – to be issued for SPAA & FPA (yet to be assessed), plus counts towards CPD hours for professional Accounting Bodies (CPA, ICAA, IPA)
- Location – Karstens, 123 Queen Street, Melbourne
Managing Director, The SMSF Academy .
SMSF Specialist Advisor & CPA
Director & Legal Officer, The SMSF Academy
Principal, Glenister & Co
About the SMSF Inpractice Workshops:
The SMSF InPractice Workshops are a regular series of ‘hand-ons’ technical sessions for SMSF professionals to learn how to implement various strategies within Self Managed Super Funds.
“The SMSF Academy Non Recourse Borrowing day was a great resource and brought together various professional to give perspectives on taxation, legal, audit, compliance and financing issues. Very practical and well rounded knowledge. Can’t wait for the next one!!”
Annette Pulbrook, Partner, Crosbie Warren Sinclair
“ I attended the SMSF Academy’s first training event, the Limited Recourse Borrowing Day and found it to be a valuable and worthwhile day. Having the whole day on the one topic with a variety of expert angles meant that we could delve into most of the tax, legal, audit and lending issues surrounding these arrangements. Most people there already had a good knowledge of the law and the more common strategies so the presenters did not waste any time catering to the lowest common knowledge level that is prevalent at other super seminars.”
Sally Rorke, Client Service Director, Self Managed Superannuation, Allan Hall Business Advisors Pty Ltd